user since
Mon Apr 10 2000 at 14:11:27 (24 years ago )
last seen
Wed Mar 27 2024 at 11:33:15 (1.8 days ago )
number of write-ups
217 - View spiregrain's writeups (feed)
level / experience
17 (Panjandrum) / 16108
C!s spent
388
categories maintained
Spiregrain's Reading List, howto
most recent writeup
Suggestions for E2
Send private message to spiregrain


bzzzzt ∗crackle*

PLEASE KEEP ALL YOUR PERSONAL LONGINGS WITH YOU AT ALL TIMES OR THEY WILL BE REMOVED AND MAY BE DESTROYED


<StrawberryFrog> Suduko is generated by computer, solvable by computer. No point in humans getting involved in it.


<spiregrain> yeah, this days it's all dyslexia, asthma, allergies, lactose intolerance, left-handedness, vegetarianism, gender confusion, attention deficit and online gambling addiction. None of that in my day.

<TenMinJoe> coghs, wheezes, spits out his milk, takes a bite of hir quornburger, closes the casino browser window, forgets what the point of this was supposed to be


 


"...he was deeply interested in the problems of Bilbao bankers, the history of piracy, the painting of Orozco, the modern French theatre, the jurisprudential features of Mafia administration, the disease of cattle, the works of Yeats, the ramblings of the Bible, the novels of Joyce Cary, the lordliness of doctors, the psychology of bullfighters, the ethnic choices of Arabs, the origin of trade winds, and very nearly anything else contained in any of the books which he paid to have selected at random by a stranger in a bookstore on Market Street and shipped to him wherever he happened to be."

The Manchurian Candidate, Richard Condon.
Sound familiar...?

Spiregrain

My Music Nodes

I have been involved in several choirs and singing groups, and have enjoyed learning and performing the music tremendously. I'm trying to share my enjoyment of Choral Music by noding some of my favourite pieces. I do this by listening to a recording over and over, with the score open in front of me. I try to describe what I hear and what it means as best I can, without using too much musicological jargon (mainly because I don't know much). I hope I can convey something of the music in a purley text form.

So far, I've done five works in some detail-

 

Next, I might try-

 

Tom Lehrer

Tom Lehrer is great. I sent him a letter asking his permission to node his songs here on e2- and he said yes!