Song by the band James from their eponymous album. Not really sad, more sympathetic in a pathos sort of way. And let's face it, we've all been there.

I sing myself to sleep
A song from the darkest hour
Secrets I can't keep
Insight of the day

Swing from high to deep
Extremes of sweet and sour
Hope that God exists
I hope, I pray

  Drawn by the undertow, my life is out of control
  I believe this wave can bear my weight, so let it flow

    Oh sit down, oh sit down, oh sit down
    Sit down next to me
    Sit down, down, down, down, down
    In sympathy

Now I'm relieved to hear
That you've been to some far-off places
It's hard to carry on
When you feel all along

  Now I've swung back down again, it's worse than it was before
  If I hadn't seen such riches I could live with being poor

    Oh sit down, oh sit down, oh sit down,
    Sit down next to me
    Sit down, down, down, down, down
    In sympathy

  Those who feel the breath of sadness
  Sit down next to me
  Those who find they're touched by madness
  Sit down next to me
  Those who find themselves ridiculous
  Sit down next to me


In love, in fear, in hate, in tears
In love, in fear, in hate, in tears
In love, in fear, in hate, in tears
In love, in fear, in hate
Down
Down


    Oh sit down, oh sit down, oh sit down,
    Sit down next to me
    Sit down, down, down, down, down
    In sympathy

Down

Sit down is a common arcade game form factor.

Sit down machines are most often driving or piloting titles. These machine are basically a normal machine with a built in seat that sticks out in front of them. Sit down machines do not have roofs on them (fully enclosed machines with roofs are called cockpits).

Most sit down machines have a large monitor, and a generic "racing" style seat that doesn't move. A few more uncommon titles (such as S.T.U.N. Runner, Hang On, and 88 Hours), are shaped like motorcycles, and the entire machines actually move along with the player. These special machines usually do not last as long as normal titles, due to their moving parts.

All sit down machines have a few things in common. They are big, heavy, and very expensive. A new sit down machine will generally cost as much as a new car, and even used examples can cost $4000 or more (USD). Older titles with smaller screens are usually more reasonably priced though.

These machines are rarely converted into newer titles, despite their high cost of ownership (when they are, it is usually a specific kit designed to upgrade to the newest game in the series, like upgrading Cruisin' USA to Cruisin' World). Most of these machines are expected to remain in service for ten years or more, and they often take up to three years to even turn a profit (which is horrible compared to a bartop or upright machine, which will pay for lf in six months to a year).

When purchasing a sit down machine for home use, you should really give it a full examination, as these machines are usually only sold when they have major problems. That $400 sit down driver could very well need $1000 worth of new driving controls and force feedback mechanisms, and the huge monitors inside some of them are prohibitively expensive to replace.

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.