A generally funny comedian. He's known for being on SNL, where he impersonates Geroge W. Bush and has a variety of acts. Aside from the many, many cameos, he doesn't really fit. He doesn't do standup, and he doesn't have the leading role in anything. He is, however, great at Sketch comedy, like Cheri Oteri, another SNL cast member.

His best known sketches are the Spartan Cheerleaders, the A Night at the Roxbury brother, Dog Show!, Janet Reno, the balding musical middle school singer, Harry Caray, Alex Trebek on Celebrity Jeopardy, George W. Bush, insane dad and a variety of odd man stuff.

Courtesy of IMDB:
Tenacious D in: The Pick of Destiny (2005) (announced) .... Music Shop Dude
Untitled Will Ferrell Soccer Comedy (2005) (pre-production)
A Confederacy of Dunces (2004) (pre-production) .... Ignatius J. Reilly
Bewitched (2005) (pre-production) .... Darrin
Curious George (2005) (voice) .... The Man in the Yellow Hat
Melinda and Melinda (2004)
Wendell Baker Story, The (2004)
Winter Passing (2004)
Anchorman (2004) .... Ron Burgundy
Starsky & Hutch (2004) (uncredited) .... Big Earl
Elf (2003) .... Buddy
Old School (2003) .... Frank Ricard
Boat Trip (2002) (uncredited) .... Brian's Boyfriend
Zoolander (2001) .... Jacobim Mugatu
Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back (2001) .... Federal Wildlife Marshal Wilenholly (there's a lot of stuff about him on the DVD version.
The Oblongs (2001) TV Series (voice) .... Bob Oblong, others
Saturday Night Live: Presidential Bash 2000 (also archive footage) .... George W. Bush/Janet Reno/Henry Hyde
Saturday Night Live: Best of the Clinton Scandal (2000) (V) .... Sadaam Hussein/Various
The Ladies Man (2000) .... Lance
Drowning Mona (2000) .... Cubby the Funeral Director
Saturday Night Live: 25th Anniversary (1999) (TV)
The Whistlebower(1999)
The Suburbans (1999) .... Gil
Superstar (1999) .... Sky Corrigan/Jesus
Dick (1999) .... Bob Woodward
Austin Powers: The Spy Who Shagged Me (1999) .... Mustafa
Saturday Night Live: Game Show Parodies (1998) (V)
.... Host of Old French Whore/Alex Trebek/Announcer of 'The Princess and the Homeboy'/Contestant on 'Food, Sex or Cars'
Saturday Night Live: The Best of Phil Hartman (1998) (TV) .... Himself
A Night at the Roxbury (1998) .... Steve Butabi
Hercules (1998) TV Series (voice) .... Geryon
Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery (1997) .... Mustafa
Men Seeking Women (1997) .... Al
... aka Bet, The (1997) (USA)
Bucket of Blood (1995) (TV) .... Young Man
... aka Dark Secrets (1995) (TV)
... aka Death Artist, The (1995) (TV)
... aka Roger Corman Presents Bucket of Blood (1995) (TV)
Saturday Night LiveTV Series .... Himself (1995-)





From SNL.com:

Will Ferrell continues as a cast member of Saturday Night Live for his sixth season.

While Ferrell has portrayed many characters, his most popular including: Craig, the “Spartan Spiritcheerleader; one half of the club-hopping “A Night at the Roxbury Guys;” the musical middle school teacher Marty Culp with wife Bobbi; “Dog Show” co-host David Larry, and Tom Wilkins, the hyperactive co-host of “Morning Latte.” Among his many impressions are George W. Bush, Janet Reno, Alex Trebek, “Inside the Actors Studio” host James Lipton and the late great Chicago Cubs sportscaster, Harry Caray.

Prior to joining SNL, Ferrell was a member of the Los Angeles-based comedy/improv group The Groundlings, where fellow cast members Chris Kattan, Ana Gasteyer, and Chris Parnell and former SNL repertory players such as Laraine Newman, Jon Lovitz and Phil Hartman began their careers. Ferrell has also appeared on several television programs, including NBC’s “Late Night with Conan O’Brien,” “Late Show with David Letterman,” “Strangers with Candy,” “Grace Under Fire” and “Living Single."

A graduate of the University of Southern California, Ferrell became interested in performing while a student at University High School in Irvine, California, where he made his school’s daily morning announcements over the public address system in disguised voices.

Ferrell is married and lives in New York City and Los Angeles. His birthday is July 16, 1967.  

Log in or register to write something here or to contact authors.