Everything2.com has baked you a pie! (Do not eat it.)

The Best of The Week

In 2022 Reddit introduced an alternative to shadow banning; as in shadow banning, the troll would be cut off from other users on the website, their posts hidden, and the user not informed. However, through the magic of technology, an army of bots would reply to the post agreeing, praising, and generally supporting the banned user. All the users comments and posts were hidden, as were all the auto-generated replies; the user need never know, nor ever be unhappy.


But actually, no. This was a prank by Twitter user @nearcyan, who mocked up a screenshot of an article from The New York Times. It was a fairly open prank, unveiled as soon as you opened the Twitter thread, but quite well done, with an ersatz but well-drafted article started, and some sites on the internet taking it as truth.

As of the time of this posting, no sites are known to do this, but it is clearly technologically feasible, and

"Even in Death..."

Last month, the X-Men was a solo story where Kitty Pryde had to fight a demon by herself. This month, it would be a similar story, only this issue focuses on Cyclops, who is on a temporary leave of absence from the X-Men. This issue was written by Chris Claremont, but had Brent Anderson as penciler and Josef Rubinstein as inker. It has a cover date of April of 1981.

Also, content warning:

Cyclops has left the X-Men

A biscuit conditional is a statement that uses a conditional (if, then), but doesn't use it in a logically meaningful sense.

The classic biscuit conditional is "if you're hungry, there are biscuits in the cupboard." Of course, the existence of biscuits in the cupboard is independent of your hunger; if you aren't hungry, the biscuits are still in the cupboard.

Biscuit conditionals could generally be reworded as logical conditionals: "if it's raining, I have my

News for Noders

September 8: Happy birthday svntax!

September 16: Feliz cumpleaños Ancientsnow!

September 18: Happy birthday Stuart!

September 25: Happy birthday Templeton!

September 26: Stanislav Petrov Day.

September 27: Happy birthday Uberbanana!


If you have an item for this calendar, /msg Tem42.


August 1: Brevity Quest 2024 starts today!

August 4: Happy birthday avalyn!

August 6: 広島

August 9: 長崎

August 27: Happy birthday Bitriot!

If you have an item for this calendar, /msg Tem42.

July 1: Canada Day.

July 4: America Day.

July 15: Side Quest 2024 ends.

July 25: Happy birthday TanisNikana!

July 26: Happy birthday teleny!


If you have anything to add to this calendar, let Tem42 know.

June 3: Saint kevin's Day.

June 4: Aesop's Birthday.

June 11: TerribleAspect's birthday!

June 13: Serjeant's Muse's birthday!

June 16: Bloomsday.

June 19: Juneteenth.

June 20: Side Quest 2024 begins!

June 20: Summer solstice (northern hemisphere) and winter solstice (southern hemisphere).

June 21: nicolasstag's birthday!

June 23: AdamTheDewott's birthday!

June 23: weroland's birthday!

June 28: Tau Day.


If you have an item for this calendar, /msg Tem42.

May 1: May day.

May 3: Happy birthday ImConfused!

May 4: May the Fourth be with you!

May 8: Happy birthday E2D2!

May 10: Happy birthday BIII!

May 12: Mother's day in the USA.

May 27: Memorial Day in the USA.


If you have an item for this calendar, /msg Tem42.